Come Away My Beloved Child
by Marijo Phelps

I got an invitation today saying "come away my beloved child." How could I say no? How could I resist? I am sorry to say that over 4 hours have gone by since I got that invitation and I am still busy Martha-ing around. For those of you who don't recognize that "verb", Martha-ing is not what Mary did. Mary sat at the feet of Jesus and learned of Him. Her sister, Martha was in the kitchen "fixing" for the guests and grumpy because Mary didn't leave Jesus and run out to help her.

OK, I have done wash, dishes, made a huge pot of chicken soup, cleaned kitty boxes, cleaned out one drawer, written friends on e-mail, hung clothes, picked up the kitchen, made Mick's favorite bran muffins.. but I haven't yet gone to sit and talk and listen to my Jesus. The creator of the universe is asking me to come away and spend time with Him and I am doing the Martha thing. Lord forgive me.

And His invitation whispers still:

Oh my daughter, I long to speak to your heart. Come, be apart from the world's rush with Me. I can teach you peace only as you accept instruction. I delight to fellowship intimately with you. I AM always here. Draw rivers of peaceful refreshment from my limitless well, it is My gift to you. Quench your thirst. Be refreshed/sparkling inside and out., as a teacher on a hot, dusty desert after being drenched/satiated with an artesian spring.

Be pure in Me. Let Me flow out from you. Let My Spirit overwhelm you with pure love, Agape, lift your arms, your voice and being to the One and only who is worthy. I love you. I know your every concern and am willing to bear it for you. Therein lies the key to perfect peace in Me.

You are protected by the fortress of My love, encircling you in complete and total embrace. Relax. I really am in control. Have no fear but lean on the great I AM, eternal creator, only God. I clothe you with my robe of righteousness and endeavor to make you whole. Yield. Allow Me. I Am gentleness, truth. My way is expedient and best. Respond to Me and resist Me not. Verify your growth in My Word. You are my Daughter. I am your Father. Rejoice in that surety. Rejoice

In Luke 18:17 we learn about receiving the kingdom of God like a little child. Picture your kids or friend's children sitting in total attention during the reading of their favorite book. Can you do that at the feet of Jesus? Take a pad of paper and pen with you for those ideas and "things to do" which always come in trying to interrupt and write them down then focus on your Lord.

In John 15:19 the Bible speaks of the world and how if we belonged to the world it would love us as its own, then it shifts gears and says as it is you do not belong to the world, I (Jesus) have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

He has chosen us. I can remember back to grade school and the ball games we played at recess. Even my best friends didn't pick me for their team. Whenever I was in close proximity to anything round that came flying at me, base ball, soft ball, kick ball I think you get the picture I turned into a total klutz. So, I sat waiting to be "picked" last. But, Jesus has picked us, and not due to any skills or lack thereof on our part. He picked us out of His love and mercy.

John and Jesus have more to say in John 14:27 Jesus speaks about his peace and leaving that peace with us, giving that peace to us. He doesn't give us as the world gives. He then exhorts us to not allow our hearts to be troubled or afraid.

There are more scriptures following that encourage us along in His Word. Pardon me but I have an invitation that I simply cannot resist anymore. I am going to spend some much needed time with my Lord and Savior. Martha can wait while Mary (JO) takes advantage of this most incredible time!

John 7:38 "Whoever believes in me, as[a] the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." (NIV)

Acts 3:19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord(NIV)

Psalm 63:4 I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. (NIV)

Song of Solomon 2:4 He has taken me to the banquet hall, and his banner over me is love. (NIV)

Zechariah 3:4 The angel said to those who were standing before him, "Take off his filthy clothes." Then he said to Joshua, "See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put rich garments on you." (NIV)

James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. (NIV)

Psalm 105:3 Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. (NIV)

Prayer: Dear Jesus, You alone have turned our mourning into gladness. Make us, mold us, renew us to be like You. Thank You for turning up the fire to get rid of the dross. Thank you for Your incredible mercy, not giving us what we really deserve. Thank You that You rejoice over us with singing and love. Thank You that you want to spend time with us! Help us to respond eagerly to Your call and not keep you waiting! AMEN.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print