Hang in There
by Marijo Phelps

We have all seen that photo of the kitten hanging from the tree limb, barely, by it's claws. The caption is something like "hang in there!"
It is a graphic picture of some of the days we experience. Hanging on with our very fingernails, but hanging on.

During those times the Lord very gently whispers to my heart His encouragement:

Daughter, Daughter, there are times which are hard for you but they are not impossible with Me.

I have heard you. I see your unrest and am not far off.

My answer fits the question. Have patience and hold on.

His answer fits, I know that is true over the years as I have walked with Him. Sometimes His answer is direct and to the point, not always yes or no but with amplification. Sometimes we hear that oft dreaded "wait", but at least we know that more is coming on the subject.

At times it seems like I have been in His college for decades and the one course I keep retaking is Patience 101. Can you relate to this? Our Lord is not the God of the instant, although sometimes we grab onto our seatbelts and say "whoa, I am not ready yet."

More often than not, we find ourselves on "freeze frame" waiting for His timing and green light. Why would our loving Father send us anywhere when we are not dressed for battle, not do we have the implements with which to fight. Only He knows what we need and the most perfect timing for the skirmish. Only He knows if all the players are ready. It might not be simply you involved or that He is waiting for.

In Deuteronomy 10:20 we are admonished to fear the Lord our God and serve him. Hold fast to Him and take your oaths in his name.

I like the part about holding fast to Him. We see from that sentence that He is definitely approachable and allowing us to get close enough to cling to Him.

Another scripture about holding on to the Lord is found in Deuteronomy 11:22:
If you carefully observe all these commands I am giving you to followto love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways and to hold fast to him.(NIV)

In Mark 10:27 Jesus is speaking that with man this is impossible, but not with God, all things are possible with God.

Does that give you incredible hope? Jesus didn't say some things are possible with God, part of the issues of your life can be solved by God, no, he said ALL things are possible. Not by our huffing and puffing and "might" but by His Holy Spirit! Grab a hold of that promise and keep it close to your heart.

We are given more hope in Luke 1:37 which states nothing is impossible with God.

Looks like that verse in Mark was no accident and we can really grasp that close to us. Keep it in our pockets, so to speak, for we will need to remember it over and over I am sure.

Prayer: The old chorus comes to mind "nothing is impossible with You" let this resonate in our hearts with each struggle we have and let us not be afraid to bring our needs to Your feet as nothing is too small for You and You give us ear for sure. AMEN

Fast Forward
Father God,
The pages of my life
Which used to flip daily
Are now flipping a week,
Month at a time.
Sometimes it seems
I fail to focus
With Your vision
On Your goals
So miserably.
Please help me?
I know you can and will!

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print