Are You or Your Ministry Team Balanced?
by Marijo Phelps

I can see a playground teeter-totter and the fun we used to have at recess going up and down. Picture that as you and a friend or you and the team you minister with and the Lord in the middle having a good time with you. See the grins of all involved and the fun of the moment within the parameters of the play equipment and with the Lord right in the middle.

The definition of balance is equality in amount, weight, value or importance as between two things or parts of things. It is to compare as to relative importance and bring into proper proportion. The opposite of "balance" is extremism in anything. Balance is not "even Steven". Balance has to do with harmony and value.

Finding "balance" affects our whole priority system, TIME priorities.

Self hate is imbalance with that we have a difficult time getting to know the Lord Jesus.

Imbalance = sin = missing the mark.

God is not interested in the times we fail but rather when we finally make it! He is rooting for us all the way and gives us His hand when we need it.

The other side of imbalance "I can't think of anything I ever did wrong."

Self consciousness and self righteousness will keep us from finding and knowing the Lord Jesus Christ.

The right balance is difficult to discover and maintain but definitely not impossible.

Why is the right balance a problem? It demands discipline. I know, we need to pass out the Benadryl before we break out in hives. Actually discipline is not a dirty word, nor a difficult word.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (NKJV)

Let's put this promise to the test!

Discipline is that which I demand of me to get desired results and it is not bondage it is freedom. Discipline is not something we're taught it is something WE DO. Discipline ourselves and do it or miss what God has for us.

Isaiah 32:9-12 (New King James Version)

Consequences of Complacency

9 Rise up, you women who are at ease, Hear my voice; You complacent daughters, Give ear to my speech. 10 In a year and some days You will be troubled, you complacent women; For the vintage will fail, The gathering will not come. 11 Tremble, you women who are at ease; Be troubled, you complacent ones; Strip yourselves, make yourselves bare, And gird sackcloth on your waists. 12 People shall mourn upon their breasts
For the pleasant fields, for the fruitful vine.
GOAL: SHUT OUT EVERYTHING AND JUST SEE JESUS

Israel took forty years to learn:

#1 God is the God of preparation

#2 God is the God of provision

#3 God is the God of protection

#4 God is the God of prosperity

Israel went from the extreme of miracle to the extreme of defeat

Israel did not learn to be strong for themselves or each other.

Every leader wants to please the people WATCH OUT for this tendency if you are in leadership.

Israel only learned responsive praise rather than spontaneous praise. God is worthy to be praised PERIOD.

God is the God of stability and infinite variety.

Psalm 56:3 (New King James Version)

3 Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.

Do not lie regarding being afraid or you cannot have the remedy or the peace. You have to admit you are afraid before God can give you the answer or solution.

Let's go over the list of who God is again:

#1 God is the God of preparation

#2 God is the God of provision

#3 God is the God of protection

#4 God is the God of prosperity

Progress from #1 through #4 and KNOW HIM.

#1 Preparation empty our hands of what we grasp and hold out our hands, empty, for God to fill.

#2 Provision -

Malachi 3:10
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. (NKJV)

This is a challenge and a promise. Our God is faithful!

#3 Protection from people, in spiritual warfare and situations. Do not desire to build SELF up but to rely on God.

#4 Prosperity

3 John 1:2
Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.(NKJV)

DEVELOP UTTER DEPENDENCY ON JESUS.

Give Him our sins, failures, SELF righteousness, our lusts and strong desires. Confess our extremes, our undiscipline and die to what people think. (Fear of man).

DO IT! Listen to and seek His opinion, not that of others.

(I am speaking to myself here before any readers)

Written by Marijo Phelps February 2010 partially from notes taken March 1980 speaker Shirlee Green

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print