Feel That Gentle Tapping on Your Shoulder
by Marijo Phelps

How do you explain what hearing God's voice is like? Sometimes I think it is like a tapping on my shoulder and then He whispers something in my head. Other times it is like a gentle reining in, like we would do with a horse. Yet again there are times when I mentally see an elbow poking me to get my attention and then He speaks.
The Bible says that His sheep know His voice and hear/follow Him. I don't ever want to be so loud in my own mind that I miss hearing that precious, still small voice.

I am trying to give our skinny, older cat a treat. I need to get her away from the rest of the cats (who are all needing to be charter members of Feline Weight Watchers). When I give Mitzi treats, I need her to come into the utility room where I can close the sliding door. I am trying to get her into the laundry room and end up chasing her all over the house. It is almost like she thinks she is being punished. ......

I feel the Lord whispering to me "write it down", "that's how you are so many times when I only want to bless you"

Lord, please help me to see and recognize those times, not run all over the house trying to get away from You..

Psalm 24:5 reminds us that they (us) will receive blessing from the Lord; the God who saves them will declare then right.

Not only will we receive blessing but He will stand up for us and take up on our behalf. This one is definitely needed and a real "keeper", isn't it?

In Proverbs 10:22 we are told the Lord's blessing brings wealth, and no sorrow comes with it.

We are so rich when we come to Christ. Rich in many ways like healing, restoration, being put back together after years of sin and a sin filled life style complete with our selfish choices and the out workings of those choices, we get to be cherished, loved, taught, disciplined and grown in Him.

Acts 20:32 tops off this set of scriptures with more promises to the believers "Now I am putting you in the care of God and the message about his grace. It is able to give you strength, and it will give you the blessings God has for all his holy people." (NIV)

Next time I feel that tapping on my shoulder I might just sit with a blank paper and pencil and really listen to what the Holy spirit is speaking to my heart. I definitely do not want to miss anything coming from my Lord Jesus Christ, how about you?

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print