The destroyer of our family
by S Mariah

In nowadays society, whether you are a christian or not, family are divided, family are broken, divorce rate has been soaring ever since in our society, famous preacher, not so famous people they file the divorce paper like it will cost them nothing. And it becomes more popular for famous preachers to get a divorce like the rest of the people do, they are no different than many others...it is a total shame to Christianity.

Somehow the non-believers would look at us and tease us or just simply have a laugh at us, well we cannot blame their teasing or laughing because we just made ourselves a laughingstock and we have failed to follow Christ's examples and non-believers know very well what we meant to do, sometimes we ourselves are being deceived not knowing what God has required of us, or simply we ignored His guidance and/or conviction in our hearts.

It is like no more shame for those who announced a divorce, I cannot see the remorse they feel, I cannot see their repentant heart, they were like saying, "so what, we are all human." Yes perhaps it does cost them nothing, for the world would just be hidden by our bad examples that they will never be convinced that they should trust or know God. And as long as we show the world,we are just no difference at all, their chance of knowing, trusting God will be diminished slowly by slowly until it's all disappeared.

Christian brothers and sisters, we are held responsible for the reputation of Christ in our society.

We all have reasons for doing things, we can do it our own way, and that's for sure because we all know that God has given us a 'freewill', He will not force us to love Him, if we don't want to. He will not force us to do the things we do not want to do for Him. He will show us the right way through the Bible - through His word of life. It is up to us to obey and follow through.

Who created 'divorce'? Why would 'divorce' happens? As a single person myself, I've never been married, you might say I will not know your sorrow and tears, and how hard for you to carry on with someone you used to love and now you hate.

Why was the 'love' in you diminishing for someone you used to love? Why was it?

Was it like just what the Bible says, we want something we do not have, then we fight, we yell and scream, trying to have it our way? Was it 'division' in the heart causing the divorce?

Was it our own selfishness causing the divorce? We have broken the marriage vows in the very first place when it says, "good or bad, both parties need to love, accept and understand each other, most of all, according to the Bible Principles, I think for me....'forgiving one another' will play a big part in marriage or in any relationship.

Without learning to forgive, if you only have understanding, love and acceptance for someone, it won't be enough for you to survive, once you are still holding grudges against that person, it wont' be long, you will find your anger, resentment manifesting in several ways and it will ultimately destroy the relationship you have.

Who is the destroyer of our families? Satan.

But is that our excuse then for a unashamed divorce? Of course not. We cannot point at Satan and just let everyone hate him. You and your spouse will need to take the responsibility, confess your sins before God for breaking the marriage vows, I am wondering how many peoples today would take the marriage vows seriously. I am wondering if they would really feel sorry for the divorce or they just feel nothing at all because everyone is doing it, as easy as learning 1-2-3.

Reconciliation is workable but it takes two people to agree and do something about it.

We have the holy spirit to aide us, how can we say it is impossible?

When we get upset with our spouse, if we do not run to God for help, Satan would grab that chance to deceive your mind, pollute you with negativity about your spouse, and if you do not deal with it God's way? (God's way - forgiving, loving, understanding, accepting) Satan would soon make your heart bitter, making you feel there's no hope anymore in the relationship, ultimately you will choose to give up on your spouse and file the divorce paper. I believe that if one person is dealing it with God, in God's way and God would surely help with the reconciliation process. If only we let God to get involved not that we feel like our loves for that person is dying out, and it's just the way it is.

In many cases, we have allowed Satan to rule our family situation....Satan always sends us 'hopelessness', 'anger', 'resentment', 'disappointment' with our spouse. He will never encourage us to just forgive, understand, be patience, love with an unconditional love. Why are we so trapped by Satan's scheme, why are we not alert of his evil scheme in our family life? Why do we allow him to take control?

There is no condemnation in Christ for those who have already announced or already settled with a divorce, Jesus Christ has forgiven you long ago, I just want to urge you, if you hear His voice today,about getting back to your spouse and please do so with GOD'S STRENGTH not yours. If you feel convicted, please pray to God about this matter again, God is a God of second chance, if your love has died long ago, God can ignite the love in you again if you only believe it.

For those who are planning to get a divorce, may I ask you to stop and pray, admit your sins to God, ask God what He wants you to do in that situation and follow His promptings, and do it with HIS STRENGTH not yours. God will see you through all this. I believe God will honor those who obey Him.

S. Mariah - passionate about the sexually-broken. 
Please visit http://Jesusloveslgbt.org  for more articles on homosexuality.

My e-books, please visit: 

https://www.amazon.com/She-confused-Wandering-wonderful-imagination-ebook/dp/B08HHLCHR3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=The+âsheâ+confused&qid=1599

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print