Show Stopping Sunset
by Marijo Phelps

It was one of those exquisite moments that sent me running for my camera in hopes of catching and keeping the memory. The pixels didn't do it justice but they did capture some of the most incredible view. The next day I was thanking the Lord for the "event" and I sensed Him whispering to my heart:

My Child, you see my hand in the sunset rose, orange and scarlet over and between the silhouetted mountains and trees, created there for you, put into place for your delight, drawing your eyes to Me.
Marvel not nor be surprised at what these hands can do, finishing touches to your day. I can. I do give blessing to you and my Body. I died and rose again to give you life, most abundant life.
This gave me so much to think about. Who or what is the body of Christ? I know He is the "head" but what about the rest of the "body parts" that He wants to bless even through the sun sets of our lives?

Romans 12:5
so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another. (NKJV)

Colossians 1:24
[ Sacrificial Service for Christ ] I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church. (NKJV)

When we see God's incredible handiwork in His creation hopefully our eyes are drawn to Him. My eyes and thoughts were that night last week. The colors, the contrasts, the beauty with the setting of the sun made me think of Him and His creativity, greatness, appreciation for color and wanting to add all of that and more to our lives.
Some who don't know Jesus Christ as Lord say things like "it must be so boring to be a Christian." Oh, how wrong they are because they have no inkling of the truth. When I was into things like my professing atheism, partying, drinking, drugs and shallow relationships I was almost always b-o-r-e-d. I have been
revolutionized and set free by Jesus Christ, the Creator of the Universe. This is my 37th year of walking with Him. BORED? Not hardly. I could use many words to describe my life and bored would not be on that list.

Abundant life doesn't include being bored. Satan wished nothing for our good and all for our destruction. What about God?

John 10:10
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. (NKJV)

His promises are true. His love is real. He is oh, so faithful even when we mess up. I know this in most practical ways and in artistic ways also, Yesterday I saw His hand painted sunset. He is always touching my heart and life, I praise Him.

Would you look His way? Would you give in and give up and lift your hands in surrender to Jesus who put the very stars in place? My prayer is that all could know His goodness, forgiveness and beauty, that all could be set free and drawn close to Him. Today that could be your choice: to become a Child of the most-high God. I pray it is your day with Him.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print