What is More Important to You, Being Right or Being Teachable
by Marijo Phelps

We all know those people who always have to be right. I don't mean making right and good choices but that their opinion, information, thoughts and what they share is correct and no one else is unless they agree with that person's ways, thoughts or ideas.

Many of us find it OK to be "wrong" and admit it when we are. The world would be mighty narrow and predictable if we couldn't/wouldn't keep on learning. Learning is growing. We should never be afraid to grow and keep in learning through the days of our lives. Thinking you have it all down pat is a pretty arrogant way to look at things and would be stifling, I am afraid.

No matter what our chronological age, "we have only just begun". It is wisdom that the older we get, the more we realize how much we have to learn.

Awhile back, I felt the Lord whispering to my heart:

Child, your interpretation of what I'm saying isn't always literal. However, if you keep your heart seeking after Me, open to correction as you have, you shall grow and know. Fear Not. Always being right isn't as important as being teachable, learning from miscues and slip ups. Selah. I truly love you. You do delight Me.

1 Chronicles 22:19
Now devote your heart and soul to seeking the LORD your God. (NIV)

Proverbs 6:23
For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light, and the corrections of discipline are the way to life. (NIV)

Proverbs 13:18
He who ignores discipline comes to poverty and shame, but whoever heeds correction is honored. (NIV)

Proverbs 29:15
The rod of correction imparts wisdom, but a child left to himself disgraces his mother. (NIV)

Proverbs 1:5
Let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance- (NIV)

Proverbs 4:2
I give you sound learning, so do not forsake my teaching. (NIV)

Prayer: Our Father in heaven, thank You for your many blessings and benefits. Thank You for teaching us and even for helping us to be teachable. You give understanding. We can even or maybe especially learn from our mistakes. Who IS like You, oh, Lord! AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print