God Has a Plan, For Me and For You
by Marijo Phelps

That might sound a bit trite and overused but it is very, very true.

Jeremiah 29:11 (New American Standard Bible)

'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.

The Lord God spoke to Jeremiah the following:

Jeremiah 1:5 (New American Standard Bible)


"Before formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations."

The above gives us incredible hope. It underscores that God thought us up before we were conceived, planned our personalities and all those little quirky and unique things which make each individual uniquely His creation. He might not have picked the circumstances of our conception as that was the choice of our mother and father. Some of us were conceived out of marriage or by less than desirable circumstances. However, that didn't make us any less precious or valuable to God who planned us before our mother's womb.

So for all who thought or heard "you were an accident", "you are illegitimate" or maybe even something harsher such as "you should never have been born" you may be free knowing that you were planned, cherished and loved by Your Creator, God. He truly does have an incredible plan and purpose for your life.

His Glorious Plans

Oh, Lord Jesus
You start those little hopes
In my heart of hearts
As I begin to get a hint
Of the glory You have in mind

Saw a peek of Your splendor
In the sun's fiery rising orb
Over misty morning lake
As boisterous birds and bovines called
Praises to Your mighty name
At the lifting of today.

Our hope is not in what we can control or produce our hope, properly placed is in Him who created us with a purpose in mind for our life. Job 13:15 speaks of Job's hope when he says "Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him; I will surely defend my ways to his face" (NIV)

In Psalm 15:2 the Bible speaks of one who is righteous and walks blamelessly speaking the truth from his/her heart. How can we walk blamelessly and speak truth and be righteous, only if we have asked God's forgiveness and sacrifice of Jesus' death on the cross in our place. We are then covered with Jesus' righteousness and set free.

Job speaks of God "giving orders to the morning or showing the dawn its place in Job 38:12.
No one is like the Lord.

Two more scriptures in Psalm speak of God's greatness and majesty. He cares. He has plans for the universe and the stars.

Psalm 29:2
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness. (NIV)
Psalm 50:1
The Mighty One, God, the LORD, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to the place where it sets. (NIV)

The Lord God certainly has plans for each of us who are created in His image. That is a most comforting thought, isn't it. the Creator of the universe has special plans for you and for me. Thank you Lord Jesus.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print