Christians and the End Times
by naomi Cassata

By Naomi @ [email protected]

The closer we get to the end of the age, the worse it will become for Christ's followers. There is no politician that can change our world. It doesn't matter how "right" he appears to be, it's not enough. Why is this? Becauseas follower of Jesuswe are not of this world. Jesus explained, "If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you" (John 15:19, NKJV). This life is only temporal. We are only passing through until we reach our eternal destination. The road we travel on, as Christians, is the road less traveled. There are perils, trials and hardships along the way, but the end is well worth the suffering.

Why all the hostility towards Christianity? There is an anti-Christ spirit in the world. A mindset that says Christianity is: outdated, narrow-minded, weak and judgmental. It was around in Christ's day and it is still around today.

There are a few reasons why Christianity is frowned upon by the world.

First, Jesus said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me" (John14:6). Accepting this statement proclaims Jesus as the only way to God for salvation. This is obviously not taken well by those who think we should all come together as one. As Christians, we can never blend with all religions. We believe the Bible as the ultimate, final word of Truth. The Bible is our doorway to finding Truth and that truth points us straight to Jesus.

Many see religions as various pathways to God. Any other way is a counterfeit because it contradicts the Truth of the Bible.

Second, Christianity is looked upon as being judgmental. The Bible teaches against sin. The message is clear: 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, not the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God" (NASB). The world doesn't like to be told that what they enjoy is wrong. Sexual sin has been labeled a lifestyle. Indulging in the lusts of the world has been called entertainment. Yielding to our own desire has become freedom of choice. Jesus taught that in the last days lawless will abound (Matthew 24:12). In other words, people will do what "feels" right to them even though it may be wrong. The standard for right and wrong will be erased. Wrong will be spoken of as right and vice versa.

FAST FORWARD TO THE FUTURE
The prophet Daniel tells of a frightening vision concerning the last days. He saw four beasts (kingdoms) rise on the earth. One of the beasts was more dreadful than the other three. Daniel described the best as "exceedingly dreadful, with its teeth of iron and its claws of bronze, and which devoured, crushed and trampled down the remainder [kingdoms] with its feet," (7:19). This powerful kingdom will be like no other before or after it. Its strength and authority will allow it to crush anything that gets in its way. We read later that through this beast's influence he will wage war with the saints and overpower them (v. 21). He will possess an anti-Christ spirit and will be ruthless in his fight against God's people.

When all this begins to happen know that Christ's coming is drawing near.
As horrible as the end times will be, this is not how it ends. The Ancient of Days (God) will weigh the balances. He will judge between the world and the saints and the saints will be given favorthose who honor God. Then the saints will take possession (v.22). God has the final say. Therefore beloved, don't give up hope. Jesus spoke to those who face the wrath of the world, "But he who endures to the end shall be saved" (Matthew 12:13).


http://www.lampformyfeet.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print