So that we will act
by S Mariah

I just thought of what's happening to the world these days, lots of tragedies in around the world, wondering why would those things happening to poor and needy peoples....

Have you been wondering why? Here I believe I got some inspiration about those things today when I flipped open the newspaper and have a read all the tragedies.

We have heard many times that we are the feet, hands of Jesus on earth. We meant to be His hands and feet, think about what Jesus did when He was still alive on earth, He went around and doing good to other peoples. He got up and go around and doing good, looking for needy peoples, and whenever they called on Him, He stopped for them and healed their sicknesses.

Those are the things Jesus did on earth. In order to be His hands and His feet - we just need to copy His behavior, His action and do the same.

Sometimes when tragedies happen, we heard lots of grumbling and complaining in our society and even among ourselves and we will do the same. We complaint over things that are not convenience to us, murmuring and complaining like the Israelites. And did Jesus ever complain when He was on earth? He was fully human just like us, and He was living here on earth just like us, so don't tend to make up excuses and say, He's different than us. He was fully human as we all are. There's no difference in that....

No excuses not for doing good to others....No excuses.....for not doing what Jesus has been asking us to do - to be His hands and His feet.

I think tragedies happen for a reason, especially for us Believers, so that we might do something for the situation, we might shine our lights to our society that we do care about their needs. When tragedies happen, we can choose to complain like the rest, or we can choose to act like Jesus' disciples to reach out to those are in need at that critical time. We can choose to stand up, step out and do something, so that peoples who experience tragedies might receive comfort from the love of God (that the love of God shines through us Believers). Or God might touch their hearts for repentance and they might get saved because of your act of love.

Tragedies can seem to be a bad thing, seems like God does not care for us, He causes it for our harm. Indeed, He might causes it for our good - that we as Christians might step out and help somebody during the critical time, and maybe because of our act of love, others might be saved through what they experienced of our expression of love for them. Think about that?

If not for the tragedies, the Gospel might not get a chance to shine, if not for the tragedies, we Christians might not be motivated enough to go out and help somebody in need. Think about that?

We meant to go out and help those who are suffering tragedies, not to be the murmurer, not to be the complainer, complaining like the rest who are unsaved. We are the 'saved' group of people, we meant to act differently, think differently and do things differently.

S. Mariah - passionate about the sexually-broken. 
Please visit http://Jesusloveslgbt.org  for more articles on homosexuality.

My e-books, please visit: 

https://www.amazon.com/She-confused-Wandering-wonderful-imagination-ebook/dp/B08HHLCHR3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=The+âsheâ+confused&qid=1599

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print