Clearing the Temple
by S Mariah

Clearing the Temple...it is mentioned in John chapter. And the 'temple' is not a building itself, it is in and among us - those who have invited Jesus into their hearts and called Him as Lord. Yes the 'temple' is within us.

The holy spirit dwells in the 'temple' - within us.

Clearing the 'Temple' - it does take a lot of work from the holy spirit to clear out all the junks in our soul and in our mind.

The junks in us - worldly attitude towards the unsaved, worldly cravings for stuffs and belongings, sexual temptations and sins, spending endless time on useless things instead of proclaiming the Gospel and be Jesus' witnesses, and the lists can actually go on and on.

We do have many junks in us that create lots of blockages for the work of God to work through us.

In that particular chapter, Jesus' fire for God has been burning all the more fierce when He eye-witnessed how peoples in the building (temple)misuse the use of the temple, turning it into a money exchanger, a marketplace full of animals for sales.

The misuse of the use of the temple - Jesus declared God's house is meant for PRAYER.

Praying for one another, Praying for the unsaved, and well....yes PRAYING FOR OUR NATIONS.

When we gather together in church, we meant to PRAY FOR THE LOST, PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER AND PRAY FOR OUR NATIONS.

Do you get this?

Surely it is not restricted to just inside the church building, it is about how we treat our days, and what are we doing each day, do we feed ourselves with God's words daily, do we PRAY for our nations, our friends and relatives, the lost each day in our 'temple'??

Or do we feed our 'temple' with junks listed above??

May we clear the 'temple' daily, and fill it with the things that matter God the most, and let His burning love for God also be burned in us. Amen.

S. Mariah - passionate about the sexually-broken. 
Please visit http://Jesusloveslgbt.org  for more articles on homosexuality.

My e-books, please visit: 

https://www.amazon.com/She-confused-Wandering-wonderful-imagination-ebook/dp/B08HHLCHR3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=The+âsheâ+confused&qid=1599

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print