Shhh, Do You Hear that Still, Small Voice?
by Marijo Phelps

So why isn't God's voice in the storm, the thunder, the wind but it is a "still small voice"? He doesn't need to yell or thunder to get our attention if we are listening for Him. That should be our goal but sometimes we find ourselves in a different place.

1 Kings 19:11-13 (New King James Version)

God's Revelation to Elijah


11 Then He said, "Go out, and stand on the mountain before the LORD." And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake; 12 and after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice.


It was one of those other times when I finally got quiet enough to actually "hear" Him speaking to me:

Daughter, quiet yourself before me. Stop all your running around, beating your wings and listen.

Your walk with me is grounded on the ROCK. It is based on My immutable character, not your froth or fervor.

At times you're lazy and complacent but it matters not to me in the way you perceive it. Let me teach you in those times then lift you above them.

There are areas in your life to be worked out and healed. They don't go by a wave of the hand but in my perfect process.

All that looks confusing to you isn't bad. You see the situation from in the midst of it and that isn't a complete or total view. Trust me.

I long to love you to a greater fullness in me, not punish. Let me help you bloom again and again in my timing. Selah.


"Hear my words, you wise men; listen to me, you men of learning" is a quote from Job.


"O Sovereign LORD, you are God! Your words are trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to your servant." (NIV) Samuel said in 2 Samuel 7:28

Psalm 20:7 is good wisdom on where we should place our trust:
"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God." (NIV)

Let's sit and pray and ask Him to speak His Rhema word to our hearts even today. He is more than willing. Also, His Word the Bible is sharper than any two edged sword and active, not dusty and stale. Thank you, Jesus!

Prayer: Dear Jesus, please help us to act like we really do trust in You and not to just repeat the words. Help us to lean into You and rely on You and find that incredible reward of Your strength and stability in our own weak times. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print