CONFLICT RESOLUTION: INOPPORTUNE TIME TO RESOLVE CONFLICTS
by Miriam Kinai

From the conflict in John 8:2-11 when the Pharisees and scribes brought a woman caught committing adultery to Jesus, we can learn how to resolve conflicts which are complicated by inconveniencing timing.

The timing of this conflict was inopportune for Jesus since He was already teaching when the Pharisees brought the woman. It does not seem that they had notified Him in advance that they'd bring a conflict for Him to resolve at that particular time.

But, Jesus stopped teaching and begun resolving the conflict even though it may have inconvenienced His day's schedule.

He even took His time for after listening, Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground. He could have done this to buy time to think or pray for a solution but in any case, He did not rush through the process so that He could get back to preaching.

By not dashing through the conflict resolution process however inconveniencing it may have been, Jesus showed great consideration for it was the woman who had the most at stake for she was threatened with the grave.

Therefore, if you find yourself entangled in an inconveniencing but serious conflict, voluntarily or otherwise, create time in your tight schedule so that you can resolve it immediately and effectively. Take as much time as you need, just like Jesus did, to ensure a satisfactory conclusion for this prompt resolution of conflicts will increase the peace in your home, the productivity of your ministry and the profitability of your business.


Adapted from Resolving Conflicts just like Jesus Christ by Dr. Miriam Kinai 2010

Dr Miriam Kinai loves interior decorating and has written many books such as African American Home Decor, Asian Home Decor and Christian Home Decor which are available at her blog http://www.modernhomedecorthemes.com/ and from http://www.amazon.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print