Our Responsibilty as Humans
by Robert Driskell

Many Christians, and some non-Christians, spend a lot of time trying to figure out what is morally acceptable and what is not. Arguments between believers and non-believers concerning life issues abound. There is even much disagreement between different groups of believers.

How can we reach a consensus? How can we live with a sense of unity even as we retain points of disagreement with others?

Jesus Christ spelled out what God expects of each and every human being who has ever existed, or will ever exist, when He said:

"And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." (Mark 12:30-31 ESV, cf. Matthew 22:37-40, Luke 10:27)

Think of what the world would look like if everyone lived this way. If we set aside our self-centered lusts and desires, how much friction between people would simply cease to exist?

If we were to consider other people's needs to be more important than our own, how differently would the human race conduct itself?

Jesus said that, if our priorities were arranged according to His will, we wouldn't have to worry about the things of life (Matt. 6:25-34) and He sums the passage up with these words:

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. (Matt. 6:33 ESV)

When the direction of our hearts, minds, and lives line up with God's will, we can live as we were created to live. Jesus tells us that the stress and worry that we so often carry in our lives can be eliminated. Therefore, much of the irritation that causes friction between people will also be non-existent.

We will then be one step closer to true "Peace on Earth".

(C) 2010 Robert Driskell

Seeking to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to help them become "transformed by the renewing of their mind."

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print