Investigating God: Superstition or Scientific Method?
by Robert Driskell

There are many today who believe that science has proven the absurdity of a belief in a supernatural God. They believe that science can supply us with the answers to the questions that arise from our very existence. They postulate that any belief in a supernatural God is superstition, not science.

But let's put this to a test of the same type as used by science.

The scientific method is a process of inquiry that begins with an observable condition and then postulates theories of how that condition came about. The theory that best accounts for all the known facts is the one that is accepted.

The Bible's view of life is the theory that best explains all the facts of human existence and the evidence of God's reality are all around us. There is also ample experiential evidence to support the biblical claims.

The evidence is people who have tried, unsuccessfully, for years to change their habits and character; only to be amazingly transformed in an instant when they commit their lives to God.

The evidence is experienced in the hearts of those who have established a relationship with God. Many are the accounts of people going through horrendous situations while their hearts remained filled with an inner peace and confidence that they were not facing it alone.

The evidence is seen in the high moral standards of those who are seeking to live like God wants them to live. Conversely; the moral sensibilities of those who reject God are ever in a direction of decline.

The case can be made that the Bible's assessment of creation, man's condition, and many other issues affecting mankind here on earth, is the most comprehensive explanation there is. Thus, even by the scientific method, the biblical theory is the best theory.

Science offers no better explanation of the universe or the universal human condition. Even the answers they submit cannot be proven and must be taken on faith.

In the search for truth, it is intellectually dishonest to disregard the idea of a supernatural God before honestly investigating the claims concerning Him.

These claims are found in the Bible, in nature, and in the lives of Godly men and women everywhere.

(C) 2010 Robert Driskell

Seeking to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to help them become "transformed by the renewing of their mind."

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print