You Are Invited Be A Major Player in THE Wedding, the Bride of Christ
by Marijo Phelps

Actually this is an invitation to ALL believers, not just the female ones. All through the Bible we ladies "get to" relate to the passages which say "sons of God" and refer to believers in the masculine. That changes when we are speaking about the Bride of Christ. We all know that in both cases the Lord Jesus is referring to his saved whether they are guys or gals.

I was trying to get quiet and listen to the Holy Spirit. Sometimes that is a great struggle for me but this is what He laid on my heart:

My busy child, quiet your heart before me. I desire to give you focus, to bring order to confusion as Jesus did when he spoke forth life to you. Let not your mind wander. Look to your first love for direction and being. I help you focus on Jesus.

Receive my counsel, look to the Lord who is your strength, your everything. The Spirit and the Bride say come. I say the time is at hand for those words to be fulfilled. Is the Bride ready or in a state of disarray?

Let Jesus teach you His peace. Be ready/willing to learn and you shall. You need peace before you can be a finished Bride, resplendent in Holiness, clothed in His robe of righteousness, without spot or wrinkle. Then shall He come, your awaited, your beloved. Tarry, that you might fulfill His plan for you, take time to come apart often with the Son. Dwell in His Word and His Word shall dwell in you.

Am I the only one which God seems to be talking to about being still? I don't think so, although I have more than my share of a huge case of "wiggles".

This morning already I have done wash and dried it, dishes in the machine and some by hand, cleaned up after the kitties, made the bed, cooked pancakes, got the truck loaded up for my trip to town only to find out that the roads were too icy to go, unloaded the truck, checked e-mail, wrote and sent the Christmas letter.and it is only a bit after 9AM. What I haven't done is go to my quiet place to read God's Word, pray and LISTEN.

Psalm 46:10 might have been writer centuries ago but it was penned just for my eyes today "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." (NIV)

In Isaiah 55:8 God gently reminds us that his thoughts and ways are not our thoughts and ways.
2 Corinthians gives us some great advice in 10:5 about getting our minds in order and lined up with the knowledge of God "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." (NIV)

I am receiving this and as soon as my fingers hit enter I will go to sit in His arms and listen.
2 Corinthians 10:5 is why I will do just that sitting and listening "But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint." (NIV)

I want to wait upon God and be renewed. I want to run and not grow weary, to walk and not faint. Interesting to reflect that you'd think walking would be easier but the Word knows to walk steadily without fainting might be harder than running a short spurt. This is something to think about. We need to be in His Word daily so that things we never saw before can pop out and impact our lives. That can't happen in we aren't in the Word.

Yep, I am definitely preaching to myself, again.
The last scripture I want to include is one of urgency.

Revelation 22:7 "Behold, I am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book." (NIV)

Look at the headlines. Look at the "state of the union", look at the wars and rumors thereof. The clock is ticking faster and faster. Our Lord Jesus is coming soon to meet with us, His Bride, in the air. No matter what your beliefs are on "end times" I think all would agree they are fast approaching, if not here already. He is ready. What about us, His Bride?

Prayer: Dear Jesus, you are our everything! Please help our choices daily and our very breath that we breathe to reflect that fact. Beyond the fires we seem to be rushing to put out, we DO want to be Your Bride, without spot or wrinkle. Only You can accomplish that work in us. We yield. AMEN.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print