CHILDREN OF DREAMS
by sana edoja

I would start reviewing Lorilyn Roberts book Children of Dreams by saying that I've always been interested in adoption, even though I've never fully committed myself to the full process despite having made numerous inquiries. I wanted to read Lorilyn's book to have a feel of her experience having gone through the process of adoption.

When I started reading Lorilyn book, I could hardly put it down as I love reading other people's stories; it motivates me to know the difficulties they have experienced in life and how they overcame them. That's the main reason why I couldn't stop reading Lorilyn's book daily until I finished it.

"Children of dreams" is the true story of a heartbroken woman who found hope again in adopting two beautiful baby girls called Manisha and Joy. Proverbs 13:12 "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life".

Clarke's Commentary on the Bible
Hope deferred maketh the heart sick - When once a good is discovered, want of it felt, strong desire for the possession excited, and the promise of attainment made on grounds unsuspected, so that the reality of the thing and the certainty of the promise are manifest, hope posts forward to realize the blessing. Delay in the gratification pains the mind; the increase of the delay prostrates and sickens the heart; and if delay sickens the heart, ultimate disappointment kills it. But when the thing desired, hoped for, and expected comes, it is a tree of life, עץ חיים ets chaiyim, "the tree of lives;" it comforts and invigorates both body and soul. To the tree of lives, in the midst of the gardens of paradise, how frequent are the allusions in the writings of Solomon, and in other parts of the Holy Scriptures! What deep, and perhaps yet unknown, mysteries were in this tree!

As the story of Lorilyn unfolded, I couldn't help feeling compassion and love for Lorilyn as she went to the ends of the earth to make her dreams come true by adopting a baby girl from Nepal and another baby girl from Vietnam. I couldn't help feeling the pain that she felt when she encountered obstacles but I also felt joy when she got her breakthroughs.

I could see that God loved those two beautiful girls and was very much involved in the full process of the adoption. He gave Lorilyn strength and faith every time she encountered discouragement and God guided Lorilyn when she didn't know what to do. He surrounded Lorilyn with people to pray for her and help her out to make her adoption dreams come true. She had to fight language barriers, deceit, greed, sickness and lies. God remembered Lorilyn's Bible stories and Bible verses to build up her faith in Him.

In the end, God helped Lorilyn to be more than a conqueror and defeat the invisible attacks of the devil who took Lorilyn's initial dreams of having children of her own . A few years later, Lorilyn is smiling again has God has made her future bright again by giving her two amazing daughters. Those girls would have died of poverty and sickness if they wouldn't have been adopted. God saved the girls through Lorilyn's adoption by giving them a brighter future. God is merciful and extends His love to the lost ones by reaching out to orphans for He cares for them.

To conclude, I would say that Children of Dreams is very well written, I enjoyed very much the way she described Nepal and Vietnam which gave me a true picture and experience of the places she went to adopt her daughters; that has helped me to live her experience of adopting through her eyes and heartfelt. Besides, Lorilyn shares some significant moments of her life that has helped her to get her faith and knowledge of God stronger and deeper. Lorilyn uses a lot of Scriptures from the Bible to help us get the message of what God has done, revealing her about His character and unfailing love.

Lorilyn's book revealed how God made His love known to her daughters through the whole experience of adoption. I would recommend Children of Dreams to anyone who is looking to adopt a child to know what to expect; even though the path to adopt was crooked at first, God made it smooth and straight in the end. Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose".

Clarke's Commentary on the Bible
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God - To understand this verse aright, let us observe:
1. That the persons in whose behalf all things work for good are they who love God, and, consequently, who live in the spirit of obedience.

2. It is not said that all things shall work for good, but that συνεργει, they work now in the behalf of him who loveth now, αγαπωσι; for both verbs are in the present tense. All these things work together; while they are working, God's providence is working, his Spirit is working, and they are working Together with him. And whatever troubles, or afflictions, or persecutions may arise, God presses them into their service; and they make a part of the general working, and are caused to contribute to the general good of the person who now loves God, and who is working by faith and love under the influence and operation of the Holy Ghost. They who say sin works for good to them that love God speak blasphemous nonsense. A man who now loves God is not now sinning against God; and the promise belongs only to the present time: and as love is the true incentive to obedience, the man who is entitled to the promise can never, while thus entitled, (loving God), be found in the commission of sin. But though this be a good general sense for these words, yet the all things mentioned here by the apostle seem more particularly to mean those things mentioned in Romans 8:28-30.

God was in total control of the adoption of Lorilyn's daughters and He wants us to trust Him, because in the mist of our weaknesses, God will make His glory shine and will not forsake our troubles, for He deeply cares for us. 2 Corinthians 13:9 "For we rejoice when we ourselves are weak but you are strong; this we also pray for, that you be made complete".


Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the Lord,.... The purposes and resolutions of His heart concerning the Israelites welfare who were enslaved by the Egyptians, particularly the restoration of them to their own land; these were within him, and known to him, and him only; they were remembered by him, and continued with him, as the "thoughts of his heart are to all generations"; and so would not fail of being performed; men think and forget what they have thought of, and so it comes to nothing; but thus it is not with God; he has taken up many thoughts in a way of love, grace, and mercy, concerning sinful men; about their election in Christ; a provision of all spiritual blessings for them; redemption and salvation by Christ; their effectual calling, adoption, and eternal life:

thoughts of peace, and not of evil: or "for evil" (t); these thoughts were concerning the temporal peace and prosperity of the Jews in Babylon, and not of anything to their hurt; yea, even their captivity was for their good, Jeremiah 24:5; and thoughts concerning his spiritual Israel, their peace and reconciliation with God, and the manner of bringing it about, by the blood, sufferings, and death of his Son in human nature, with whom he consulted and agreed about this matter; and concerning their inward spiritual peace of mind and conscience now, and their eternal peace hereafter: nor does he ever think of evil for them; whatever evil he thinks towards others, angels or men, he thinks none towards them; and whatever evil befalls them, he means it for good, and it does work for good unto them; he cannot think otherwise concerning them, consistent with his everlasting and unchangeable love to them; since he has designed so much good for them, does so much to them, and has so much to bestow upon them.

Having already a child of my own, I would say that adopting is the same painful and joyful process of giving birth to a child.

"Children of dreams" is a must-read book to develop your faith with God and know His Heart better. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".

VISIT HER BLOG AND BE INSPIRED:

http://lorilynroberts.com/

You can buy "CHILDREN OF DREAMS" by clicking the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/Children-Dreams-Lorilyn-Roberts/dp/1602643865/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290006187&sr=8-1

http://sanaedoja.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/review-of-the-book-children-of-dreams-by-lorilyn-roberts/

http://sanaedoja.wixsite.com/monsite/blog
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I2I52MW#nav-subnav

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print