Holding Back on the Prophetic Because of Fear
by Marijo Phelps

Have you ever felt the Lord nudging you to speak forth something in a group yet felt your heart going like a trip hammer and had a bazillion questions running through your head? What if this isn't God but just me? What if this is Satan trying to get me to speak? What if this is just my own idea? What if.

Yet I know God's voice when He speaks something to my heart during my quiet times:

Child, you are my daughter. Be not hesitant to speak forth my Words to you, decently and in order. They are to uplift my Body.

You have a willing heart. Arise, overcome hesitancy and fear.

I wish to speak to my people. Be bold in me and not afraid to occasionally fail I will cover you, you will learn and grow.

Why are we so afraid? What do we have to lose? One time I was deliberating on something I felt that probably God wanted me to speak. I told Him I would if there was an orderly pause in the service. Right in the middle of singing a worship chorus the whole sound system went down. I spoke His word that He'd laid on my heart. Another time I was wondering and arguing with myself and the assistant pastor prayer a prayer with the 3 main points of the word I was afraid to speak forth. I then felt the Holy spirit whispering to me "next time if you will not be bold there is no back up (the assistant pastor) and my people will not be encouraged if you will not speak up.

I needed to get over my hesitancy and fear of man. I needed to be willing to occasionally give a "word" that might be my flesh in order to be able to speak up when the word was truly from our God. My fear had about wiped me out and I needed to trust Him and get over myself.

The good news is that I did, as He took me by the hand and walked me through this learning process.



1 Corinthians 12:28
And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. (NKJV)

1 Corinthians 14:29
Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge. (NKJV)

1 Corinthians 14:32
And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. (NKJV)

Ephesians 4:11-12

11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.. (NKJV)

Prayer: Lord God, help us to always be obedient and moving in your Holy Spirit, totally dead to the fear of man. You and you alone know the intent of our heart. We desire most of all to be pleasing to you. If we trip on occasion or stumble we know that our loving Heavenly Father is there to pick us up and keep us from ultimately falling down. Help us to go forward with that assurance. AMEN


My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print