Trusting in Him
by Donna L. Watkins

" Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring [it] to pass." Psalm 37:5

This entire Psalm would be good to read as you struggle to muddle through some rough waters of your life. In the Christian teachings, we are mostly directed to stand in faith and to believe and receive. I'm certainly one who believes in belief! I believe that believing changes our course of life and the course of those we are believing for. Not hoping, or wishing, or repeating the same prayer or Scripture for another or ourselves, but truly believing in our hearts no matter what our mouth is saying makes the difference.

I have great faith for the future of our son and I truly believe in many things that God will do in and through him .... but sometimes my mouth says something different and often my mind thinks another way .... but I know that my belief is what changes life itself on a spiritual realm of our planet.

We have to reach that place for things to happen because I've found that no matter how many times I read or quote a Scripture, that if I don't truly believe it in my innermost parts, it is not going to happen but for the grace of God in my life.

So....faith and belief have their place in our lives ... but what do they have to stand on? How do we reach and change our hearts and minds so that we truly believe?

It begins with trust. Trust in our Heavenly Papa to truly have our good at heart and in His love for us.

Consider these words from "Streams in the Desert" by L. B. Cowman: "The word "trust" is the heart of faith and is the Old Testament word given to the infant or early stages of faith. The word "faith" conveys more an act of the will, while the world "belief" conveys an act of the mind or intellect, but trust is the language of the heart. The words "faith and "belief" refer more to a truth believed or to something expected to happen.

Trust implies more than this, for it sees and feels and it leans on those who have a great, living, and genuine heart of love. Therefore, let us "trust also in him" (Psalm 37:5), through all the delays, in spite of all the difficulties, and in the face of all the rejection we encounter in life.

And in spite of our feelings and evidence to the contrary, and even when we cannot understand our way or our situation, may we still "trust also in him; [for] He shall bring it to pass."

The way will open, our situation will be changed and the end result will be peace. The cloud will finally be lifted, and the light of eternal noonday will shine at last."

It would be hard to believe in your hopes and dreams and regaining your health, if you didn't first believe in the love of God for us and that our Creator knows more than we do about what our lives need. Only true love allows the good and bad to pass through His hands to us and if we don't get to the place where we know that all is good in every day of our lives, I don't see how we can ever believe and have faith for any particular prayer or promise.

His ways are not our ways and we must be willing to trust that He does truly know best. Isaiah 55:9 says, "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Trust is a decision. Make that decision today!

Donna L. Watkins lives in Central Virginia with her wonderful husband enjoying birds, wildlife, gardening, forests, nature travel and her cat, Squeek.  More articles can be found at TheHerbsPlace.com and a free subscription to her mailing, A Healing Moment.  http://www.theherbsplace.com/ahm.html

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print