Learned Generosity
by PamFord Davis

Selfishness is contagious; if one child refuses to share toys or candy, their little friends will quickly become tight fisted with theirs. A neighbor refuses to loan a newcomer his yard tools; the slighted will be less likely to share when the opportunity arises. Selfishness comes naturally; we must learn generosity.

The spirit of giving also has the potential of spreading from person to person, neighbor to neighbor, church to church, community to community, and even nation to nation. Next, we see a growing sense of thankfulness to one another, and to God the giver of all good gifts.

"You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God (2 Corinthians 9:11-12 NIV)." We do not need to limit expressions of thanksgiving to an annual holiday family meal. Spread it around throughout the year.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print