The Abundance Of The Heart Pt. 3
by mark baker


We have been talking about spoken words being the abundance of the heart. They are spiritual, and they carry power. There is creative power released in our words. We build up faith in our hearts, whether negative or positive, and we release that faith when we speak. This is the spoken abundance of the heart. We have a tongue that can create, We are created in the image of God and we have the power to create life with it, or to destroys with it. The choice is ours.

I would like to talk about how Jesus used His words to defeat Satan.

Matthew 4:1. Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2. And after He had fasted forty days and forty nights, He then became hungry.
3. And the tempter came and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread."4. But He answered and said, "It is written, `Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.'" 5. Then the devil took Him into the holy city; and he had Him stand on the pinnacle of the temple,
6. and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God throw Yourself down; for it is written,
He will give His angels charge concerning You'; And On their hands they will bear You up, Lest You strike Your foot against a stone.'" 7. Jesus said to him, "On the other hand, it is written, `You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.'" 8. Again, the devil took Him to a very high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world, and their glory; 9. and he said to Him, "All these things will I give You, if You fall down and worship me." 10. Then Jesus said to him, "Begone, Satan! For it is written, `You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.'"
11. Then the devil left Him; and behold, angels came and began to minister to Him.

We see here the example Jesus gave us to follow. Jesus defeated Satan using the Word of God, He didn't say Satan I'm Jesus, you have to leave me alone, go away. NO, He said,
For it is written, Satan listened to those words, He listened to what was written, He had to.
God enforces His Word. God Looks after His Word to perform It.

Jeremiah 1:12. Then the Lord said to me, "You have seen well, for I am watching over my word to perform it."
God told us to choose life, but have you ever stopped to consider that Jesus had to choose life? He had a choice, He had to choose life just as we do. Jesus said my life is mine to lay down and its mine to take back up again. He was given a choice.


John 10:17. "Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again.
18. "No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.''

Jesus didn't have to die, He could have chosen to forget the whole thing, but He had us in mind. He had to make a decision to die. Luke tells of this account at the Mount of Olives.

Luke 22:41. And He was withdrawn from them about a stone's throw, and He knelt down and prayed,
42. saying, "Father, if it is Your will, remove this cup from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.''
43. Then an angel appeared to Him from heaven, strengthening Him.
44. And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. And His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

This had to be the toughest decision ever made, God in the flesh choosing to die. But it was His choice to make. I want to point out, He started the whole thing into motion by speaking, I lay it down of Myself. When He said that, He spoke the words that would eventually allow Him to die. BUT IT DIDN'T END THERE! He also said, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.'' He spoke the words that would eventually allow Him to be raised from the dead. He spoke God's words. Do you remember when Jesus stood before Pilate, he did not open His mouth to defend Himself.

John 19:8. Therefore, when Pilate heard that saying, he was the more afraid,
9. and went again into the Praetorium, and said to Jesus, "Where are You from?'' But Jesus gave him no answer. 10. Then Pilate said to Him, "Are You not speaking to me? Do You not know that I have power to crucify You, and power to release You?''
11. Jesus answered, "You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above.

Acts 8:32. The place in the Scripture which he read was this: "He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb silent before its shearer, so He opened not His mouth.

Why didn't He open His mouth to speak? If He had spoken, He would have spoken Life, and He would have been delivered. He could not allow that to happen. He had to allow death to take it's course, and that couldn't happen till He got to the cross.
When Jesus got to the cross He said, My God, My God why have you forsaken Me?

Matthew 27:46. And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?'' that is, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?''

Jesus wasn't saying this because He was confused. He was speaking this, to allow death to overtake Him. He knew why God was forsaking Him. He was the Only one on the planet that knew! This was the mystery Hidden in God from before the foundation of the world, and Jesus was fulfilling it. Jesus was speaking the 22nd Psalm.
Psalms 22:1. My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me? Why are You so far from helping Me, And from the words of My groaning?

The words He was speaking, were bringing the reality of God's written Word into fruition. He was speaking death upon Himself, but He was also speaking life upon Himself. Read the rest of the 22nd psalm and you will see He fulfilled it all. He spoke the words that created eternal life! He went into hell itself speaking the Word of God. He was speaking the Word of God, up until the end. If you read John's account of the crucification, you'll see that Jesus said, it is finished. (John was the only disciple that hung around to the end to hear Him.)

John 19:30. So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!'' And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

Jesus was still speaking the Word of God, right up to the end. He was speaking the words that would allow Him to rise again. In the amplified Bible, I see this reference to John. 19.30 at the very end of the 22nd Psalm, that it is finished. Jesus was speaking the Word of God all the way through. He started on the Word of God and He finished on the Word of God. He defeated Satan the same way he always defeated him, with the Word of God.
Jesus brought death upon Himself by speaking words, and He brought life upon Himself by speaking words. This is the greatest example of the power of words in the Word of God that I can think of.

Proverbs 18:21. Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.

Matthew 12:37. For by your words you shall be justified, and by your words
you shall be condemned."


We have been given this same ability to speak words of life. We can receive the new birth and eternal life this way. We can receive healing and deliverance this way, we can receive the peace of God this way, it all starts by praying this prayer.



Dear Heavenly Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus. Your word says, "and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out." (Jn.6:37), So I know You won't cast me out, but You take me in, And I thank you for it. You said in your Word, "whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.'' (Ro. 10:13).
I am calling on Your name, So I know You have saved me now, You also said, "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes to righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made to salvation." (Ro.10:9,10).
I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I believe He was raised from the dead for my justification. And I confess Him now as my Lord, Because Your Word says, " with the heart one believes to righteousness" and I do believe with my heart, I have now become the righteousness of God in Christ. (2 Cor. 5:21),
And I am saved! Thank You, Lord!
I can now truthfully say, I see myself as a born again child of God!

Glory to God!!!! Amen.



I was raised Catholic, and was born again at the age of 17. I received God's call into ministry at the age of 19 and began to prepare for ministry. I graduated from Rhema Bible Training Center in 1979.  The Lord has called me to teach.  My desire is to help all that are seeking the truth to come into a deeper understanding of what God has done for us through Christ Jesus. Olive Branch Ministries is an outgrowth of that desire.
Please feel free to visit us for more free studies and resources to help you on your journey.
Mark Baker
http://www.olivebranchministries.us

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print