EARTHQUAKES
by Saundra Washington

King Herod heard this he was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him. Matthew 2:3.

There is something peculiar under the sun; something peculiar about man. Men do not seem to care much about earthquakes. Have you noticed that? You know what many folks who have experienced the effects of earthquakes are doing? They are still hating one another, still lying, still finding scapegoats, and still stabbing folks in the back. God will come and shake the earth, shake our security, shake our comfortable world, and man will still act contemptible.

So we know that even when God allows us to experience earthquakes in our lives, it does not mean that we will straighten up and fly right. Do not think that because God touches our bodies, our lives, or our homes that man will change, because this is not necessarily true. Yet, on occasion, God will still allow earthquakes. The earthquakes are not only to shake us up and wake us up, but they are a reminder that Jesus is coming again.

Herod and all Jerusalem were disturbed and afraid because of the Earthquake being born in Bethlehem. What is it about the coming of the Lord that disturbs us? As long as He does not come, it is business as usual. As long as He does not come, we do as we jolly well please. But when God comes, He comes as a disturbing factor. He makes us examine the perverseness of our lives. When God comes, He makes us turn the light on ourselves. When God comes, He calls us into account.

Well, guess what? Jesus is coming again and it will not be like the first time. This time, He will be coming in judgment. Man has not experienced an Earthquake like the One coming.


OUR PRAYER:
Merciful Father and Ruler of all the earth, forgive us for our complacency and indifference to Your mighty acts. So often, after the initial shock has melted away, we return to our same old ways. Please help us, O God, for beside You there is no other. Fix us according to Your holy will and lead us according to Your desire. Grant that we not be found lacking when we are weighed in the balances; through Him who lives and reign with You, Jesus Christ our Savior. Amen.

Saundra L. Washington D.D., Founder, AMEN Ministries. http://amen4me.com, serving spiritual and bereavement needs: http://memorialweb.webs.com/

2010-present. All rights reserved.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print