Thanksgiving Tree
by PamFord Davis

Outside the Northeast Louisiana home of my mother-in-law, a decorative tree has drawn my attention. The colorful wind rustled leaves are a remarkable sight, and I wondered if the tree held a story within. Fallen leaves danced in the road when carried by southern breezes and I pondered how easily we are scattered when apart from Jesus, the Vine

The tree, so beautiful in the autumn season, brought to mind the elderly, who radiate warmth and charm. The wise, in the spring and summer seasons of life, admire and emulate them. Yes, the tree could illustrate that truth.

This morning God opened my eyes of understanding. I gazed with delight and appreciation on the Thanksgiving tree. People decorate elaborate Christmas trees and I almost missed His gift of the Thanksgiving tree. Around the trunk of the tree, He had spread a blanket of multi colored leaves, perfectly distributed for maximum effect. The symmetrical tree held only a few uneven branches pointing to the Creator above.

The focal message lay in the colors used by the artist: green, red, and orange. Green represents everlasting life, His gift to all who believe in His Son. (John 3:16) Red symbolizes the blood of Christ Jesus, sacrificed to pay for our sins. (Ephesians 1:7) Orange signifies lives aglow with the Holy Spirit. (Acts 7:55) I already anticipate next Thanksgiving Day. The Father will provide Thanksgiving trees as visible reminders of His great love for you and me.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print