You Are Already In, Apply!
by Shirley Carr

Life is similar to the School of Hard Knocks in which we all go through the application process. However, have you ever filled out an application, only to be rejected? Have you ever been rejected? Rejection can leave you empty and questioning and even doubting yourself. After receiving a rejection letter, at my first attempt at one of the two unique programs in the same school, I wasn't quite sure that I wanted to apply to the other one. One of the hardest occurrences in life is to have faith at what was spoken to you in your spirit, only to be rejected. Rejection has a way of causing us to be stagnant. Rejection laid bare the price of pursuing a life of faith. Maybe the few that I shared what was placed in my spirit were right after-all? Maybe it wasn't God who said it to me in the first place. Maybe I should give it up. Maybe it isn't for me. A sat pondering the rejection letter and a voice amplified in my spirit, "Do It Again." "Say What!" I exclaimed through closed lips. Have you ever felt like you have tried everything and everything has been unsuccessful and God tells you to "Do It Again!" How are you to do it again when the agony from the last time seems fresh?

This next move became the defining point of my faith. I unpacked my heart from inside my stomach and called to the office of admission and explained that I wasn't accepted into one of the programs and that I wanted to apply to the other program. The office of admission suggested that I talk to the Dean directly. We have to be glad that we can still talk to God directly. Reluctantly, I contacted the Dean. I was able to have an appointment scheduled, immediately. I had no idea as to what to say or do. With the little bit of faith that I could muster, let's call it mustard seed, I managed to head in the direction of the Dean's office. All I knew is that I had to go. Have you ever felt like you had to do something but you were not prepared? My body and my mind were not attached! As I witnessed my body walk into the building headed towards the Dean's Office, I was cool on the outside but I was sweating bullets on the inside. "This is it God, remember this wasn't my idea anyway." I knew that I wasn't dealing with irrational exuberance and that if I had my choice in the matter, I would not have done it at all. God has a way at putting us in places we would not have chosen for ourselves.

Once, inside the office of the Dean, the Dean inquired as to why I applied to the other program. I explained that my counselor suggested that I only apply to one program at the school and so I chose the obvious one that seemed to give me the overview of what I was to do. The Dean's faced looked surprised while reviewing over my e-folio. The Dean stated that I already had the overview and that I actually will benefit the most from the program that offered the comprehensive guide to all forms. The Dean stated that this program was aimed at a wider audience covering consumer, corporate, and trade and that it explored everything from transport and display to issues of sustainability and advances in technology. Boy, oh boy did the Dean break it down! As I figured out what had been said I began to doodle on my notepad, "Toto, we are not in Kansas anymore!" Why does God give us the long course for sustainability?

The next thing that happened left me in shock. The Dean of the School stated, "I am giving you the go ahead, so you are already in but you still have to apply!" I knew in that moment that something great had happened but I could not comprehend it. It did not make sense! While my spirit caught the words, my mind heard, "Apply"? That meant I still had to go through the office of admissions, again. Ugh! Now, I was so engrossed in the agony of the previous experience that I could not appreciate the release in the miracle. To have the assurance from the Dean was a miracle. No letters of recommendation were needed. There was a release because I was not talking to an admissions counselor; I had the assurance from the Head of the Department (the one who has the final say). I found out that when the Head of the Department gives you the go ahead, you don't need a cosigner! God is the Head of the Department. All we have to do is remember the words that the Head of the Department spoke, "I am giving you the go ahead so you already are in but you still have to apply!" These are the parts of the application:

Name -
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.
Jeremiah 1:5

Location -
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
Psalm 40:2

Experience-
He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some." When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.
John 21:6

Reference-
So he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty.)
Zechariah 4:6

You Are Already In, Apply!

EVEidenz, copyright Pen You In 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print