Thoughts on Seeking a Lifetime Mate
by Marijo Phelps

Aside from being forgiven and made new by the Lord Jesus, what could be more important that the choice of the person you plan to spend the rest of your life with? God is totally able to guide you in the right direction. Seek Him early, before your emotions get involved and cloud up the picture! Seek Him before you even meet "that guy" or "that girl" . Pray, pray, and pray some more. Something this life impacting all about us, deserve much focus in prayer.

The Lord knows who would fit with you. He knows what His plans are for both of you; ministry, family, encouragement for the other half. Shouldn't this be something you spend most time in prayer seeking His will? Just because you are both Christians doesn't mean that this is the guy or gal in the Lord's most perfect will or timing for you.

I think back to that praying and seeking time in Mick's and my relationship. This is something I wrote down that I feel the Lord laid on my heart:

Daughter, in Me shall you find your rest. In Me shall you find your peace/composure. In Me shall you find your love/delight.

I am moving in your heart day by day recreating it in My love. I speak peace, be still to your fears and desires. Know My timing, My will are perfect. There is a plan for you and him. You know not who he is but he is in My plans and tender care.

Delight now in Me and yet forsake not the friends I've given to you, My beloved. I cling not to you for Me alone but desire to reach out to you through My Body with My arms extended and My hands stretched out.

Balance is the key. Seek Me, press in as you are. Minister My Word and love those around you. I shall set you free in Me. Selah.

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. (NIV)

Psalm 147:11
the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love. (NIV)

Psalm 20:4
May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. (NIV)

Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. (NIV)

Psalm 118:5
In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. (NIV)

Psalm 142:7
Set me free from my prison, that I may praise your name. Then the righteous will gather about me because of your goodness to me. (NIV)

Prayer: Thank You Lord for perfect timing. Thank You for Your Body to be arms extended and hands stretched out to each other. Help me to never even think or hesitate from saying "yes, Lord, yes." And thank You for Mick and our 24 plus years of marriage! AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print