Jesus Was Willing A Fun Bible Object Lesson for Your Kids
by Kathy Vincent

"Take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning." Have you ever heard that from your doctor? Medicine is definitely a blessing from God, but do your kids know that Jesus refused any comfort from medicine He was offered while dying on the cross? It's true. Jesus had a job to do and He was not going to let anything distract Him from accomplishing His goal of giving His life for you and for me. Here is a fun Bible object lesson to help your kids learn this truth.

Here's what you do:
The object you will use for this lesson will be a bottle of aspirin.

Ask the following questions to help stimulate discussion:

1. What am I holding? (Wait for responses.) That's right. It's a bottle of aspirin.
2. Have any of you ever taken some aspirin? How did it help you? (Wait for responses.) Aspirin is often used to take away any pain you might be feeling.
3. Ask a child to read Mark 15:23.
4. When Jesus died on the cross, he was offered some wine mixed with myrrh. If he had drank this, it could have helped take a way some of His pain, but he refused it. Can anyone tell me why? (Wait for response.)
5. Let's learn a little more about this Scripture and learn how to apply it to our own lives. Here are 3 important points.

Point 1: Dying on the cross was very, very, very hard for Jesus. It was very painful and He suffered a lot. But Jesus was willing to feel all of that pain so that your sins would be forgiven. Wow! Jesus was willing to suffer for you! That's how much He loves you.

Point 2: In fact, His love for you is so big that when the soldiers offered Him a drink that would help take some of the pain away, he refused it.

Point 3: You see, Jesus had a job to do. His job was to come to earth and willingly die on the cross for your sins without any help or comfort. He had to feel all the pain. Jesus was not thinking of Himself as He was dying on the cross. He was thinking of you. So, let Jesus be your example of doing a job well even if it means that it might be hard.

This 3-Point Bible Object Lesson for Kids was inspired by my reading of C.H. Spurgeon's devotional on Mark 15:23 from his book Morning and Evening. You too can be inspired by your favorite Christian authors and come up with your own 3-Point Sermon for Kids.

Kathy Vincent is the director of the children's ministry, "The Scripture Lady." For over 2 decades, she has creatively shared the Bible to thousands of children through toe-tapping Bible songs, engaging Bible review games and captivating object lessons that all point to Jesus! 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print