Buy The Field
by PamFord Davis

I have never known a compulsive gambler, but I think eBay bidding might create the same emotional high as shooting dice. My husband could easily become obsessive compulsive on the eBay real estate site. Financial advisors have often considered real estate as one of the best investments. Buyers have gained great wealth with little capital backing when markets were in the buyers favor. My husband is not a land baron, but he has discovered a few super deals.

The Bible reveals a true story about a land purchase that appeared to be irrational. God spoke His message of judgment on Judah to and through Jeremiah. Jehovah would send His people into Babylon captivity for their rebellion and worshiping idols and false gods. In a seemingly hopeless situation, God instructed Jeremiah to buy land, soon to be in the hands of their enemies. (Jeremiah 32:6-8)

I have snickered at eBay deals, and I would guess Jeremiah's acquaintances ridiculed his closing of the sale, but in faith, he obeyed God. In a prayer of praise, he looked beyond the present gloom and doom to a bright future. (Jeremiah 32:16-25) "And yet you say to buy the field paying good money for it before these witnesses even though the city will belong to our enemies (Jeremiah 32:25 The Living Bible)."

Wow! If God told him to buy the Brooklyn Bridge, he would confidently sign the deed knowing God owns it all. I love stories with happy endings; God promised to restore the land to His people. (Jeremiah 32:43-44) When the Lord is our advisor, every deal is an investment that pays high dividends!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print