Power Source
by PamFord Davis

I have noticed when something repeatedly happens in a short period, God is trying to get my attention. Sometimes several pastors and teachers use the same scripture passage, or a theme pops up in songs or devotionals. I accept it as a special delivery surprise gift.

The other day two people discovered the same problem. They were unconnected from a power source. The first routinely ironed a tablecloth, while talking with others in the room and chuckled when she realized she had failed to turn on the iron at the outlet. All of her efforts were in vain. She created laughter, but did not remove wrinkles.

Soon after, attempts to charge a dead car battery resulted in disappointment when the shade tree mechanic discovered the long extension cord was only half way in, after tracing it back to the carport. Believing he allowed ample time for a good charge, he learned he had accomplished nothing. He smiled and started the process again.

It is easy to see the spiritual lesson. If I am unconnected from the Holy Spirit, my power source, I am unable to do the job. I may be going through the motions, like pushing the iron back and forth, but there is no heat to smooth out problems.

I may even be trying to recharge my energy with an outward source, such as Bible reading, but apart from God, I would be unable to access the dynamic strength within His word. I need His power! "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth (Acts 1:8 HCS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print