Keep Your Eyes Focused on the Lord
by Marijo Phelps

Lots of our favorite expressions in life have to do with our eyes. Keep an eye on him wouldn't make much sense to someone who didn't speak English as their first language but it makes lots of sense to us. (Imagine grabbing an eye and placing it upon someone but all of us know what that idiom means). To have eyes for a special someone indicated something else to all of us. "Making eyes" is something probably more familiar to my parents generation but I still relate to the meaning of that one too. I think one of the most meaningful things a person can do with their eyes is to focus on someone important or a goal that is worth having and to run towards that goal.

It only makes sense then, to a Christian, to keep their eyes focused on their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Then we will not be impacted so much by things or people or even "goals" which are of lesser importance. He is coming back, SOON, in case you haven't read the news paper or watched current events lately. He is also whispering to His Bride, His Body:

My Child, have eyes for none but Me. Be not swayed by persons or arguments but by My Word only. My Spirit is speaking to you to make clear My perfect will, as a great velvet cloth is carefully unfolded, so shall My will for you be made graphically clear. Fear not. I am with you/within you, your only strength. Look not yet to the 'morrow but rejoice/joy in the day I've given you today!

Below are some important scriptures about a believer's focus, their eyes and their soon and coming King. We are privileged to live in a most incredible time in the history of the world! Jesus Word can help us to be ready and used of Him even today.

Deuteronomy 7:19
the great trials which your eyes saw, the signs and the wonders, the mighty hand and the outstretched arm, by which the LORD your God brought you out. So shall the LORD your God do to all the peoples of whom you are afraid. (NKJV)

2 Corinthians 10:5
casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.(NKJV)

Romans 12:2
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. (NKJV)

Matthew 10:26
Therefore do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known. (NKJV)

Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. (NKJV)

Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.(NKJV)

Prayer: Lord God, I commit my will into Your most capable hands. Lead and guide me in the path You have ordained for me. I trust You. Keep Your hand upon my head. Keep my heart in the center of Your will for me, I ask, in Jesus most incredible name. Help us to be ready for "that day" and we know we aren't ignorant of the signs but will not know the date You do and that is more than enough to give us comfort. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print