Pass the Power A Super Bible School Activity for Your Elementary Kids
by Kathy Vincent

I think it's safe to say that a sign of spiritual maturity would be a boldness to share the Good News or Gospel of Jesus Christ. Roman 1:16 says, "I am not ashamed of the Gospel because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes" What a great verse and one that every Christian should have as their motto. It's definitely one that should be passed on to all we meet as the Lord leads. Here's a fun Bible school activity to help your kids memorize this wonderful Scripture so that they might be a little bolder the next time they share Jesus with their friends. It's called "Pass the Power."

Here's what you do:
For this activity you will need 2 paper cups with handles. Decorate each cup with stickers and the words "power of God" written on each one. You are now ready to play this activity.

Divide your class into 2 teams. This game will be played best with 8 or more people. Before playing, say the following: What are some powerful things in this world? (Wait for responses such as dynamite, money, kings or rulers.) You're right. All those things hold some degree of power. Now, how about the Gospel? You know, the Good News that God sent His one and only Son to die for our sins. Is the Gospel of Jesus Christ powerful? (Wait for response.) If you said, "Yes!" you are absolutely right. So, if the Gospel is powerful, should we ever be ashamed or embarrassed by it? (Wait for responses. Be sensitive to what some of your kids may say.) Who would like to read Romans 1:16? You see the Gospel or Good News of Jesus Christ is powerful because it can actually change lives for eternity. Do you think that something this amazing should be shared and passed on to those you meet along life's road? (Wait for response.) I think so! So, let's play a game called "Pass the Power."

At this point, you will divide the 2 teams of children and arrange each team in a circle facing out, with their backs to the center of the ring. This will allow the kids of one team to see the action of the other team. Assign a captain for each team and give him a cup, which will hang on the little finer of his right hand. Mention how the cup is going to symbolize the power of God's Gospel. At a signal to begin, the captain passes the cup from his right little finger to that of his right-hand neighbor. The cup is passed clockwise around the circle and back to the captain. When it reaches the captain, the entire team yells, "One!" indicating that the cup has made one round. The cup continues around the circle for 3 rounds. Once a team finishes the 3rd round, they must go to a chalkboard and write Romans 1:16 from memory. The first team to write the Bible verse first and correctly wins the first round of play. Play several times. The team with the most wins, wins!

Kathy Vincent is the director of the children's ministry, "The Scripture Lady." For over 2 decades, she has creatively shared the Bible to thousands of children through toe-tapping Bible songs, engaging Bible review games and captivating object lessons that all point to Jesus! 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print