Windbags
by PamFord Davis

I am not sure if I am a good listener, but for some unknown reason many of my close friends have been big talkers. I do not use the term in a derogatory way; they just liked to talk and I liked them. Some people are gifted with the ability of keeping a conversation flowing. I must have a one-track mind; I share a thought and then I have to stop and reload.

There is an interesting adjective for those who do a lot of talking, but really have nothing to say, windbags I am curious as to the source of such a whimsical term. I visualize a weather instrument used to measure winds at a crop-duster hanger. Lord, please help me to be on the alert for circulating hot air, when I should be listening to others.

Give me discernment to recognize a false message. "And [say they] the prophets will become wind [what they prophesy will not come to pass], and the word [of God] is not in them. Thus shall it be done to them [as they threatened would be done to us (Jeremiah 5:13 Amplified Bible)." Send the mighty winds of your Holy Spirit!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print