Cover-up
by PamFord Davis

Conspiracy leads to cover-up and investigative reporters dig up the dirt. Scandals surface and the whole world discovers the truth; pedestals crash and idols lives are tarnished and marred. It is nothing new; man has always mastered the craft of pointing an accusing finger at others.

The church is comprised of sinners, forgiven and born again, far from perfect, yet striving for sanctification. We confess our weakness, flawed but desire to be faithful. Are we ready to forgive the transgressions of others? It does not come naturally, but is worth any effort to cover-up sin.

Man has needed a covering ever since the first foul-up in the Garden of Eden. Adam and Eve tried leaves, but God lovingly used the skins of sacrificial animals. It pointed to the happy day when the blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ covered our sins.

We have the continued command to love, as God loves. "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins (1 Peter 4:8 NIV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print