Behind, or Ahead?
by PamFord Davis

We fast approach the end of another year, leaving behind happy and sad experiences. We will begin using new calendars, and toss away the old as casually as discarding paper plates following a picnic. Favorite Christmas cards are often stored as keepsakes, but few have emotional ties to yesterday's calendars.

Do we leave mistakes and hurts of the past year behind? As believers, do we see how blessed we are? The moment we make a commitment to Christ, we become new creations. The old is gone; all becomes new! (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Sadly, many who have not surrendered to Christ put it off because they wrongly believe God will ask them to leave behind what makes them happy. If we sacrifice anything for the cause of Christ, we will gain much more.

"And everyone who has left houses, brothers or sisters, father or mother, children, or fields because of My name will receive 100 times more and will inherit eternal life (Matthew 19:29 HCS)." Father, if I trust You and leave all behind, I will be free to receive all You prepare ahead.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print