Food Banks Are Open
by PamFord Davis

There is a rapid rise in the numbers of Americans turning to Food Banks for assistance. Media reports indicate large numbers come from all economic groups; men and women with varied levels of education find themselves unemployed and unable to provide for their families. Food Bank representatives daily hear heart-wrenching stories of despair in desperate times.

Food Banks meet physical needs and we applaud their efforts. Do we neglect the urgent needs of those malnourished spiritually? People around us hunger and thirst; they want to fill the emptiness of soul and spirit. Do they know help is available?

Our churches have the capacity and spiritual power of God to serve as Food Banks, offering the bread of life. "Jesus said to them, 'I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me shall not hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst (John 6:35 NAS)." Churches are conveniently located from small neighborhoods to metropolitan cities; spread the word, the bank is open!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print