The Entire History of The World
by Robert Driskell

God created the heavens and the earth, animals, man and woman, plantseverything. Everything He created was good. (Genesis)

Man and woman had one responsibility: trust God. In trusting God, they worshiped, honored, and obeyed Him. This behavior came naturally from trusting Him.

God had given mankind (Adam/Eve) free will, the ability to choose. They chose to disbelieve God. This resulted in the dissolution of the intimate relationship they had with God.

This choice brought sin into the world (Romans 5:12). Sin separated us from God and brought God's judgment upon all mankind (Romans 3:23).

God chose a nation through which He could demonstrate His love, justice, mercy, and other attributes. God gave this nation His laws by which they were to attempt to live. These requirements revealed how a nation would look if they could perfectly follow God. They soon found out that the rules were impossible to follow perfectly. Even those people who sincerely attempted to live as God wanted them to live could not do it in their own power.

Back in Genesis, when man rebelled against God, God had promised that He would not leave mankind helpless. He promised that He would send someone to save His people. That Someone came in the person of Jesus Christ.

Jesus took all of mankind's sin on Himself, died on the cross to pay for the judgment that mankind rightfully was due to suffer, and rose from the dead to prove His deity (Romans 1:4).

Jesus paid for our sins so that, if we believe in Him, we will be restored to a right relationship with God (Romans 10:8-13). We will be able to enjoy the same intimacy with God that Adam and Eve enjoyed before they chose to disobey Him. Our sins will be forgiven, we will no longer be under the judgment of God, and we will be able to live the full life that God has planned for each and every one of us.

God's purpose for our lives was expressed in the words of Jesus when He said:

"YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." (Luke 10:27 NASB)

History truly is HIS-story.


(C) 2010 Robert Driskell

Seeking to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to help them become "transformed by the renewing of their mind."

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print