And the Angels Sing!
by PamFord Davis

What would Christmas be without music? Many remember being part of church children's nativity story programs, handmade costumes, quivering voices reciting scripture and cracking notes of praise. The most moving Christmas selections were not performed by massive tabernacle choirs; instead they were often botched my fearful youngsters.

The bigger the church, the bigger the choir of angels Mothers stitched bed sheets and shaped hangers into halos; the angelic voices transported us to the hills of Bethlehem. And the angels sing! "And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying: Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace, goodwill toward men (Luke 2:13-14 NKJ)!"

I once heard an insightful message about this passage. We only assume the angels sang; God did not record it in the scripture. His messengers may have started proclaiming it with authority and reverence to their Creator, and proceeded to sing praises. Such joy promotes worship and song!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print