trACker number341 - Never Not Pray
by Dudley Anderson

trACker number341
The e-Devotional helping to keep you on-track
GodTracker is online at www.godtracker.co.uk

11 December 2010

Never Not Pray

What do we do when we've been intensely praying for an issue for months or years only to finally discover that the Lord has not answered us in the way we'd hoped? What if what we were praying for the healing of a friend but they are never healed? Do we give up ever praying for healing again? Should we step back and say, "What will be will be," or "I won't pray for healing again, because if my prayers aren't answered, people will be disappointed?"

Someone once said, "What prayer can do, God can do." You see, prayer is not just an extra plug-in we add on to an already hectic daily routine. Prayer is the most mysterious phenomenon that moves the hand of God Almighty, through my humble words. However, notice how Jesus taught us to begin praying. He said, "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven," (Matt 6:9). Somehow this puts the mystery of prayer into perspective: God's kingdom and God's will. Notice too that these instructions are at the start of Jesus' prayer. Therefore, before we ever venture to knock, seek or ask, let us always first bring our hearts, our minds and our words in line with God's sovereignty and God's will. And then let us pray like crazy!

But even so, what if God appears to not answer our prayers? Apart from the now well worn sentiment that God sometimes says yes, sometimes says no and sometimes says wait, there has to be another reason why prayer is sometimes not answered. Could it have something to do with that which is for my good? Listen: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose," (Rom 8:28). God is eternal, all knowing, ever present and all powerful. Our God is also our personal Lord and saviour. Surely, then, he knows what's best for us. After all, we did say that he is sovereign.

So then, dear God Tracker, keep your heart soft and your eyes on Jesus throughout your days. Always seek first his kingdom and his will. So pray when you're in a position of strength; pray when you're feeling weak (take a look at the VoW below); pray out of obligation and pray out of desire. But whatever you do, never not pray!

God-tracking is a life of prayer.

Dudley


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What is trACker?
GodTracker and trACker owe their origins to an international Christian radio programme produced by Dudley Anderson called, OnTrack. Although OnTrack went off-air in 2005, trACker has continued to help people to track God's plans and purposes for their lives since July 2003.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


VoW
Verse of the Week

Romans 8:26
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.


Quote of the Week
A Sample of Dudley's Fave Quotes

"Prayer is releasing the energies of God. For prayer is asking God to do what we cannot do" --- Charles Trumbull


Don't Give Up, Look Up!
Look up and Fix Your Eyes on Jesus!

I Pray, "Lead Me To Pray"

Romans 8:14
because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

Pray
"Most holy God I realise how foolish I have been in doubting that you answer my prayers. Dear Lord, I admit that you are sovereign and almighty; high above my own reason or understanding. Thank you for the many times you have fulfilled my desires but please forgive me for assuming that you bend to my beck and call. Lord, I rather choose to bend to your will and your good pleasure by seeking first your kingdom and your righteousness. Because, I confess you as personal Lord and saviour, I know I am your adopted child. So, my Lord, please guide me by your Spirit as I pray. Help me to pray according to your purposes and will. O Lord, I pray, "lead me to pray." In Jesus' name. Amen."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Why not recommend trACker to someone?
Point them to www.godtracker.co.uk or click on http://www.godtracker.co.uk/tronline.shtml#recomend

Born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa Dudley Anderson began writing for radio in 1994. Dudley currently writes a weekly e-mail Christian motivational thought called GodTracker and has complied 2 devotional books based on GodTracker. More information at surereaity.net 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print