One's On the Way
by PamFord Davis

It is exciting when we have companionship of others who are going through the same situation. Students cram together for exams in the library or in the comfort of a home. They will prepare together, test together, and face the music side-by-side. Dieters and exercise partners depend on each other for motivation and accountability.

The year that I expected our first child, my three sisters and best friend were also pregnant. We could truly understand what each of us experienced - including the weight problems, cravings, and uncertainty. Our husbands provided moral support, but we needed the understanding of those just like us.

Elizabeth and Mary drew upon the strength of one another in the most crucial time of their lives. "How could this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For you see, when the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby leaped for joy inside me? She who has believed is blessed because what was spoken to her by the Lord will be fulfilled (Luke 1:43-45 HCS)!" Each woman carried a baby boy; Elizabeth's son John would prepare the way, and Jesus would provide the way to eternal life!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print