Different Origins, Different Purpose. Evolution or Creation?
by Robert Driskell

Evolutionary science would ask us to believe that humans have been evolving for thousands, perhaps millions, of years. They tell us that we evolved from cave-dwelling mammals that had to develop the basic elements that make us human. We had to learn what it means to be human because we started out as something else; whether that something else be amoeba, fish, or ape.

We learned how to grunt at each other to communicate ideas, possibly using hand gestures and drawings to assist us in conveying messages to one another. As we progressed in our communication skills, we devised primitive symbols, later progressing to written words that enabled us to communicate more thoroughly.

As we evolved, we established (through a process of trial and error) a social system consisting of, among other things, a moral code. With this moral code, we codified what was right and what was wrong, what was good and what was bad, acceptable behavior versus unacceptable behavior, etc.

The evolutionary model view sees human advancement and human behavior as something that happened naturally, unguided except by our own natural instincts, over thousands (or millions) of years and is continuing even today as we supposedly improve the conditions of our existence by pulling ourselves up by our own bootstraps.

But, what if the science of evolution is wrong? Suppose that mankind was created by a Creator who placed the first humans on the earth fully grown, fully intelligent, fully capable of making moral decisions, and fully able to communicate with each other. What if it did not take thousands (or millions) of years to "evolve" into what we are today, but happened in an instantat creation?

Suppose humans were created for a purpose, not merely to exist in a constant state of meandering meaninglessness and self-appeasement? Suppose the Creator supplied these first humans with a moral code, created by Him, and by which humans are expected to live? If this were true, how would it change the way we lived?

A person who believes that he or she is simply the product of random biological processes will have a completely different worldview than a person who sees themselves, as the Bible describes us, as uniquely created beings placed here by a loving God, who has a purpose for each and every one of us.

The choice is ours: we can live our lives believing that we are merely biological entities with no higher purpose than to "do what is right in our own eyes" or we can live our lives as they were intended to be livedin a loving relationship with our creator.

Isn't it worth your time to find the truth?

(C) 2010 Robert Driskell

Seeking to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to help them become "transformed by the renewing of their mind."

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print