The Atheists Christmas Grumblings
by Robert Driskell

A local newspaper this week contained an article concerning an atheist campaign to strike at Christmas. The attitudes of the atheists quoted in the article reveal several things that seem to be prevalent in every atheistic tirade.

First, the article stated that the campaign is, "meant to challenge biblical morality and fundamentalist Christianity." What is the motivation for challenging 'biblical morality'? Surely, it is obvious that Christian morality, with the exception of a few misguided extremists that exist in every group, is based on the highest ideals of truth and love. Why would one challenge these qualities? Do atheists believe that the qualities of love, truth, fairness, etc. are not good qualities?

The article quotes David Silverman, the president of American Atheists, as saying, "If the religious right wants a war on Christmas, this is what they are going to get. If they want a war on Christmas, we're going to make sure they know what one looks like." Is it really logical or reasonable, two positions atheists claim to rely on as the basis of their decision making process, to believe Christians want someone to attack their belief system? Think about it.

Third, the article says that atheists want to free humanity from the, "fear, hatred and intolerance" of religion and lead us into the enlightenment of the "love, equality, peace, and freedom" of humanism.

Once again, the logical and reasonable atheist is being illogical and unreasonable. How is the love of a God, who loves us so much that He sent His Son to suffer the agony of death on a cross for us, not the perfect example of what love should be? How can atheists claim that this act inspires "fear, hatred, and intolerance"? Is that logical?

The war that they so enthusiastically endorse may fueled by fear, the fear that the Bible is true and they are wrong. This would mean that they would be in the same boat as anyone who rejects God, guilty of rebellion against Him. Fear and guilt can be motivating factors.

This argument against biblical beliefs is not new and it poses no more of a threat to God, and those who believe in Him, than it ever has. We worship the Creator and Sustainer of the universe. He even created and sustains those who have chosen to worship something, or someone, else.

Believers, stay strong in your faith, knowing that you have no reason to doubt and every reason to confident in it.



(C) 2010 Robert Driskell

Seeking to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to help them become "transformed by the renewing of their mind."

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print