Are We Talking So Loudly We have Trouble Hearing God?
by Marijo Phelps

"I want to go here and do this and that." "I would really love to get that job" "Yes, I am going to do that next week"

Nothing wrong with having plans or goals or desires, the thing we need to focus on is what is God saying about this situation, job or set of circumstances.

He made us and has definite plans for us. Some of His plans are life-long but they begin with the moment by moment things which can take us towards His goals or lead us away from them. What is the key to being in the middle of His perfect will and plan for us? Talking to Him and, above all, listening as we pray. Do you ever read the Word and have a scripture jump off the page and hit you right between your eyes. Do you think "oh, boy, that is for me, right now, today!"

He speaks to us through His Word. For Him to do that speaking we have to be doing that reading and listening. He will use other members of His Body to confirm His leadings. People who pray with us, maybe have a scripture for us given to them by the Holy Spirit, or simply the scripture about "wisdom in a multitude of council". He will also speak to our hearts with his "still, small voice", open and close doors in our journey and sometimes say an obvious "yes" or "no". His timing is perfect and not always our timing.

I was at one of those crossroads when he laid this on my heart:

Child, I would speak to you but sometimes you don't get quiet enough to listen. Hear with your heart and your mind. Know My voice from yours to avoid confusion. Seek Me in prayers and know my peace and will for you. Be not distracted but go through the doors I have already opened up. You do hear my voice and walk in the counsel thereof. Soon and very soon things will clarify. You will have that concrete assurance you seek. Await it in peace, joy and prayer. I AM. Your life is in Me and Mine in you. Be not dismayed, there are reasons and seasons. Stop figuring/ "what if-ing" and LET GO AND LET GOD. Be ye PATIENT and moved not to the left or the right from that which I have made clear in your heart. I love you, you're in the best position you could be, My hands. Selah.

Prayer: Dear God, I die to my voice and want to hear only yours. I need your help to stop speculating and "what if-ing" please help me to stop as I know that is not pleasing to You. Thank you for stressing that there are reasons and seasons. It seems like my life with you is either on "freeze frame" or "fast forward" help me to be in sync with Your perfect timing. Thank you for caring for and carrying me. AMEN

How do we recognize the voice of God in our lives? Some of the following scriptures help to clarify that issue.

John 10:4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. (NIV)

Deuteronomy 5:24 And you said, "The LORD our God has shown us his glory and his majesty, and we have heard his voice from the fire. Today we have seen that a man can live even if God speaks with him. (NIV)

One of the most important things we can learn is patience. It reminds me of the prayer of a woman seeking to have that virtue and praying "Lord, help me to have patience and help me right now!!" We smile, but in this "instant era" I think that's sometimes our attitude, isn't it? I don't want to be quick tempered and I suppose no one really does when they think about it.

Proverbs 14:29 A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly. (NIV)

Romans 8:25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. (NIV)

Psalm 33:22 May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you. (NIV)

Psalm 37:28 For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. They will be protected forever, but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off (NIV)

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print