The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
by PamFord Davis

Excited shepherds breathlessly rushed across Bethlehem hills to find the baby described by the heavenly host. They believed the angel's message, were not going to verify the facts, simple herdsmen in humble worship were compelled to see him. Today we see him through eyes of faith; believers in reverence worship, in anticipation of one day being in his presence.

I wonder what emotions and thoughts filled the shepherd's hearts and minds when they arrived at the stable where Mary and Joseph housed the newborn King of the Jews. They saw the face of God upon a swaddled babe.

"So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph and saw the baby lying in the manger. When the shepherds saw him, they told them what the angel said about the child. All who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said (Luke 2:16-18 TEV)." Shepherds, outcasts in their society were given the honor and privilege to be first to receive the news, and then - first to carry it!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print