The Guest Room
by PamFord Davis

I sing Christmas hymns with joy; how reverently do I worship and meditate upon the life changing messages recorded upon the pages? Authors did not concentrate on finding catchy phrases or toe tapping tunes; they were proclaiming the birth of the Savior. The Holy Spirit brought to mind details of that divine event; through God's gift of imagination and recall, they penned carols sung by generations.

One hymn encourages us to prepare room for him in our hearts. The wise advice is in contrast to the no vacancy reports heard by Mary and Joseph upon their arrival in Bethlehem. "there was no room for them in the inn (Luke 2:7b NIV)." Any weary traveler knows the frustration and anxiety of searching for accommodations in a busy city. Should a king stay in a barn?

Many people entertain out of town family and friends during the Christmas season. They prepare for that visit, putting fresh linens in bedrooms, decorating with festive colors, lights and candles. The scents of cinnamon, pine, and peppermint greet visitors, making them feel welcome.

Lord Jesus, I want you to find a welcome mat upon the threshold of my heart today, this Christmas and always. "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me (Revelation 3:20 NIV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print