Glory Shines Bright
by PamFord Davis

I am a fan of classic movies, filmed in the 1940's and 1950's. James Cagney began his career as a hoofer in popular musicals. Studios cast him in a gangster movie and box office receipts soared. The character roles seemed perfect; it is difficult to imagine a mobster doing a soft shoe. Cagney starred in many movies as a bad guy; court systems sent him to the slammer to serve time.

Prison stories portrayed men and women with one driving passion; they wanted to get out! Convicts planned and attempted escapes; they knew the risks, but felt they had nothing to lose. If they failed and guards captured them, they would be back where they started, behind bars.

In the cover of darkness, with hearts pounding, they ran for freedom. Guards with the aid of searchlights caught them in the act; bullets fired through the air, hit their targets and foiled plans of escape. Searchlights brought every detail to light.

Shepherds, working in the darkness of night were frightened as the glory of the Lord shined brightly around them. "And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid (Luke 2:9 NKJ)."

They did not fear retribution of a vindictive God; they reverenced Him and His angelic messengers. The angels heralded news of joy to all men, the Savior is born; through Him, man escapes the bondage of sin!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print