Take a Message to Mary
by PamFord Davis

We live in a world of instant messaging; masses communicate worldwide by cell phones, computer link posting on walls, chat rooms, instant messenger, email, fax, and twitter. The days of a Western Union messenger rapping at our doors are just a dim memory. I know they are still used for transfer of cash, but likely very seldom as messengers of news.

God has His own messenger service; He dispatched an angel to a young Jewish girl, named Mary. "Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin's name was Mary. And having come in, the angel said to her, 'Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women (Luke 1:26-28 NKJ)!"

God favored her. "And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name JESUS (Luke 1:31 NKJ)." Gabriel delivered a message to Mary that changed history and still has the power to transform lives.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print