A Son is Born
by PamFord Davis

Young at Heart starred Doris Day and Frank Sinatra. Nostalgia networks air it during the Christmas season; viewers empathize with characters celebrating or grieving individually and as a close-knit family. We view the traditional tree, mistletoe, snow and comforting flames in the fireplace. Producers tucked truth in a mythical story; we all do not find happiness during Christmas.

Doris as Lori and Frank as Barney wed; they struggle to make ends meet on his meager income as songwriter and he feels like a failure. She learns that she is expecting their first child and decides to give him the news as her gift, but before she has the opportunity, he succumbs to depression and attempts to take his own life.

God is bringing new life into the world and another decides to end his. It is a tear jerker; directors gave us a happy-ending; his health is restored and his career is on track. A son is born and music fades in the background.

A Son is born. Jesus did not come to utopia; we made a mess of things and needed a Savior. "And she will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for it is He who will save His people from their sins (Matthew 1:21 NAS)." Rejoice, praise Him and reach out to those who need a warm embrace. Jesus restores hope and broken dreams.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print