Hammerd Nails
by PamFord Davis

Worship the babe of the cradle with homage to the Man of the cross. I rejoice in the story of the nativity; the birth of Jesus renews hope, leading me to climb Calvary hill and remember his sacrificial death. Mary wrapped him in swaddling clothes; guards stripped him of raiment to bear his shame before a mocking mob.

Travel city streets; hear the bells on Christmas day. Remember the crowded streets of Jerusalem; hear the hammered nails of Good Friday. "After the soldiers nailed Jesus to the cross, they divided up his clothes (John 19:23 a CEV)."Christmas is superficial with commercialism at its best until we make the connection from comfortable cradle, to excruciating death on the cross.

Lord, my heart is fickle; I am selfish and easily swayed by tinsel and bows. The greatest gift did not appear under a tree; he hung on a tree transformed into a weapon of execution. I receive your gift with a contrite heart. "A broken and contrite heart, O God, Thou wilt not despise (Psalm 51:17b NAS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print