Fellowship With God-The Missing Link to Our Peace and Joy
by Ngozi Nwoke

Are you having a challenge maintaining peace and joy within and around you? Have you been searching for peace? Maybe it is because you are looking for peace and joy in the wrong place! One sure place to secure peace and joy is in your fellowship with God. Everlasting peace can only be found with the prince of Peace (Jesus Christ)

Many people think that money can give them peace and joy. Some think that power will do so, while some think that getting married is the answer. Yet others think that success in their career or business will certainly make their lives peaceful and joyful. The list can go on and on. But many people have discovered that having all these still won't give them what they deeply desire: peace that passes all understanding and Christian joy full of glory.

Luke 12:15 states this truth very well, "And he said unto them, take heed and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things he possesseth" (KJV). What you possess may give you temporary peace or joy, but to enjoy ceaseless flow of these two you need to get to the source, which is God. And fellowship with God will deliver them into your life

Now, I know you are wondering how you are to fellowship with God. It is so simple that many people don't pay attention to it. To fellowship with God is to spend time in His word and prayer. You may say you are too busy to do so, but the truth is that you can always make out time for anything, including bible study and prayer. Which one is better, to build a strong relationship with God when there is no crisis or to seek Him during crisis? I certainly will choose the first option.

Fellowshipping with God in His word and prayer builds up your faith in God and His ability to do what He says He will do. People are anxious, worried, depressed, etc. because they don't know or believe that God can handle the situation before them. Those who know their God are always at rest no matter the challenge. This is because they are assured that their father in heaven can never forsake nor leave them. Jesus Christ always has the answer!

So should you fold your hands and pretend the problem is not there? No! Your fellowship with God will give you peace of mind while you seek God's face on what steps to take in order to solve the problem. Your mind will be at rest so you can pick directions from God. Furthermore, the bible is full of wisdom on how to handle any challenge in life. It may not be exact to your case but the principles are the same.

Also, fellowshipping with God builds the joy of the Lord within you. Joy is the fruit of the Holy Spirit and it is nurtured as you fellowship with God in prayer. When you have this fruit within you, you will still be excited even if things are not yet as you desire. Christian joy is not dependent on the circumstances around you. It is anchored on how much of God is manifesting in your life.

Psalm 16:11 puts it this way, "Thou will shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore". (KJV)

Yes, you can enjoy peace and joy in this fast and unpredictable world. Only make God the number one priority and fellowship with Him always. So, has this article been of help to you in any way?

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print