Jesus is the Greatest Gift of All
by Robert Driskell

The Christmas season is a time when Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus. His human life, death, burial, and resurrection, make possible the way for each of us to have the relationship with God that we are meant to have. Let's look at what that means.

We are all lost and need forgiveness

"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23NASB (cf. Romans 11:32; Galatians 3:22)

Each of us are separated from God because of the corrupting influence of sin on our lives. This nature is with us at our birth and manifests itself in rebellion against God.

We cannot fix ourselves

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast." Ephesians 2:8-9 NASB (cf. II Timothy 1:9; Isaiah 64:6)

Nothing we can do, apart from recognizing Jesus as our Lord, can fix us. We cannot give enough to the poor, tell enough truths, live good enough lives, etc. to make us right in God's eyes. His standards are perfect...and we are not.

Jesus is the Way

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 NASB (cf. John 3:16-17, 14:6; I Corinthians 15:3-4)

God loves us so much that He sent His Son to die for in our place for our sins. Jesus' death on the cross paid the debt that we cannot pay. He took all of our sin onto himself and paid for them with His sinless life. Now He offers us the opportunity to be forgiven based on what He has done.

Repent and Believe

"if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be savedWHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED." Romans 10:9, 13 NASB (cf. John 6:29; I John 3:23)

Our responsibility is to admit our need of forgiveness, turn from our selfish pursuits, trust in the reality of Jesus, and live for Him out of our gratitude for what He has done for us.

Accept the gift of salvation that Jesus paid for on the cross and offers to you today.

Truly then you will experience the Merriest of Christmases.

(C) 2010 Robert Driskell

Seeking to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to help them become "transformed by the renewing of their mind."

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print