Christmas Scarf
by PamFord Davis

Do you sometimes clearly recall the face of someone from your past? I have seen family, friends or acquaintances through memory after years of absence. It is as if a snapshot appears before my eyes. Dreams very often bring people back to life so to speak; it is harder to explain vivid experiences, triggered by an unknown cause. I should not question, simply enjoy the glimpse of Mom, Dad, Grandpa, Grandma or sister's face.

Recently I had a flash back, but not of a person, just an inexpensive gift. Mom and Dad gave me a candy cane striped neck scarf, to match my red winter jacket. It did not rank as my favorite present, just a practical one. I was surprised when I suddenly remembered it so clearly; why would I remember something so unimportant after 50 years?

Lord, help me to see the deep significance of daily gifts you send my way. Christmas is a time of giving and receiving gifts, I do not want to be guilty of only opening gifts on Christmas morning. Thank you for eternal life to be experienced to the fullest day by day. "I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly (John 10:10b NKJ)." Wrap your arms around me as a Christmas scarf; thank you for your abundant love!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print